TalkBack is a gesture based screen reader that is built into Android devices.
You can turn on Talkback on by:
- Using Volume Keys - On the side of your device, find both volume keys. Press and hold both volume keys for 3 seconds. To confirm that you want to turn TalkBack on or off, press both volume keys for 3 seconds again.
- Google Assistant - Say
Hey Google.then say
Turn on TalkBackor
Turn off TalkBack.
- Device Settings - On your device, open
Use TalkBackon or off.
When TalkBack is on, the focused item on the screen is spoken out loud. Here are some actions you can use:
- Move to the next item - Swipe right
- Move to the previous item - Swipe left
- Activate an item - Double tap
- Focus items - Drag your finger across the screen
- Scroll - Swiping with 2 fingers
- Open the TalkBack menu - Tap with 3 fingers
- Change reading controls - Swipe left or right with 3 fingers