Live Update Builds
via a Live Update deployment.
Live Update builds can be created manually from the Ionic Dashboard, in the Builds
section under Build in the sidebar. You will be able to pick from the list of available commits that Appflow
knows about. If there are no available commits you will need to push a new commit to your Git remote in order
for it to show up in Appflow.
After picking the commit, select
Web from the
Target platform dropdown menu and choose the preferred build stack.
A Live Update build will do the following:
npm installwill run to install any dependencies you have.
npm run buildwill run if a
buildscript is detected in the
scriptssection of your
package.jsonin order to build the web assets for your application.
wwwdirectory (or the directory specified in the
capacitor.config.jsonusing the key
webDirif it is a Capacitor project) containing your built application will be stored and made available for live updates.
- You can find the history and status of your Live Update builds in the side menu under
Each account plan has a defined maximum amount of concurrent builds allowed (see Plans Details). This limit is enforced at the account level across different apps.
When you trigger a build, in the Appflow Dashboard you will notice that a build can have different statuses before it is processed:
- Queued: this means that your build is queued for the next available runner. Usually your build should not be in this state for more than few seconds.
- Pending: this means that you have reached your concurrent build limit and your build will continue when your current builds are completed.
After the build starts to be processed the statuses are:
- Running: the build is currently being processed. You can read the logs in the build details.
- Successful: the build terminated in a correct state.
- Failed: the build terminated in an incorrect state.
More concurrent builds can be added to your plan. If you have a Basic or above plan, please contact us.