The Live Update SDK is used with Appflow's Live Update feature to detect and sync your app with new updates that you've pushed to channels.
The original live update SDK,
cordova-plugin-ionic, works with Cordova and Capacitor apps.
- Fixed an Android issue where disabling the Live Updates plugin didn't work.
- Added missing "enabled" flag to TypeScript definition of the plugin
- Known issue: 'enabled' does not exist in type LiveUpdateConfig
** This will be resolved in Capacitor v6. For now, ignore this or add
// @ts-ignoreabove the field.
- Fixed an Android issue with file copying on device.
- First beta launch of the Capacitor Live Updates SDK.
- Add the
enabledconfiguration item for turning off live updates for local development.
- Differential live update support for Self-hosted live updates released for early access.
- Capacitor Live Updates now requires Capacitor 5+ (originally v3+).
- Self-hosted Live Updates with Azure DevOps guide updated to use differential live updates.
- Initial release to support Self-hosted live updates.
- Implemented a better fix for iOS "no space left on device" error when an unusually large number of files are downloaded.
- Fixed iOS "no space left on device" error that occurred when an unusually large number of files are downloaded.
- Updated iOS live update logic to properly handle non-200 status code responses from the update server.
- Fixed situation where a live update for a previous binary version could be applied resulting in a stale app state
- Removed cordova-plugin-whitelist dependency to improve cordova-android v10 compatibility
- Fixed a deprecation with defining Android dependencies
- Fixed background update mode to handle a scenario in which a live update for an older binary is applied to a new binary.
- Angular Ivy support
- iOS fix to create intermediate directories for downloads.
- Fix Android issue to ensure parent folders exist on file creation.
- Fix issue where too many network requests at once could fire and cause performance issues.
- Fix issue where types caused incompatibility with Ionic v3 (Typescript 2.x)
- Added Deploy API Imports
- Removed dependency on
- Added an 'incompatibleUpdateAvailable' property to the 'CheckForUpdateResponse' ([#204] (https://github.com/ionic-team/cordova-plugin-ionic/pull/204))
- 'ConfigurationInfo' now contains the 'BuildId' in addition to the 'SnapshotId' ([#204] (https://github.com/ionic-team/cordova-plugin-ionic/pull/204))
- Get dataDirectory from getAppInfo function (#197)
- Add proxy for browser platform to support it (#199)
- Fix Type Error in IDeployConfig (#196)
- Change hook to run before_prepare and make it async (#178)
- Fixed bug where the new binary update would load an older cached version of the app (#179))
- Check for Capacitor and switch folder (#164)
- Remove unused import (#163)
- Delay device ready until pro checks are done (#161)
- Fix bug where binaryVersionName and binaryVersionCode are not returned from getConfiguration call
- Fix bug where downloadUpdate progress call back would go from 0 to 50 rather than 100 (#156)
- Check if the device is online before checking for updates (#154)
- update check device resp to be accurate (#148)
- Fixed bug with AndroidManifest.xml syntax for real since our release script kept breaking it
- Fixed bug with AndroidManifest.xml syntax
- Add ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE permission to make navigator.onLine work on android
DisableDeployCordova preference allowing disabling of the plugin
DisableDeploysupport to work correctly
- Fixed a bug with none update method strategy that could cause background updates upon resume of the app from background
- Fixed a bug with version rebuilds that could make some initial redirects take up to 15 seconds.
- Rebuild a deploy directory in the case where the binary version has changed since the update was downloaded.